Wow, what a great announcement today in the early morning:
In this “Buy-Out” the following solutions are included:
- Appscan for secure application development
- BigFix for secure device management
- Unica (on-premise) for marketing automation
- Commerce (on-premise) for omni-channel eCommerce
- Portal (on-premise) for digital experience
- Notes & Domino for email and low-code rapid application development
- Connections for workstream collaboration
With this announcement and looking back, which development the Notes/Domino channel took in the last 8 months under the patronage of HCL, we can be sure that HCL is going to develop the mentioned solutions in a great way !!!
Keep on rolling, Richard Jefts and the whole team …
IBM offered a Jump session about ElasticSearch von IBM Connections on prem on November 14th.
ElasticSearch Metrics is now available as an alternative software program for the Metrics feature within IBM Connections v6.0. In addition, as of IC 6.0 CR3, type-ahead search & the recently visited views in Files & Communities make use of Elasticsearch.
In this session we will go through some of the common use cases to better understand these new capabilities in Connections. Then give administrators details of exactly how to setup and configure this in your environment.
You can download all the materials on the official site: https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=ibm10735509&myns=swglotus&mynp=OCSSYGQH
Today IBM announced the availability of VoP 1.0.5 ( part number CNWQ5ML ) with the following new features:
- When a user files an email, Verse On-Premises can suggest folders to use based upon the user’s previous selections and content contained in the email.
- When composing an email, a user has the option to mark the email as confidential in the subject line.
- The email compose window has a minimize and restore button that enables users to view other emails while composing a new message. This enhancement eliminates the need for users to save an email being composed as a draft while checking other email.
- The option to empty the trash is readily available at the top of the folder or inbox.
- The calendar can display a second time zone in the right margin, providing quick access to meeting times for two different zones.
- The calendar view can be printed.
- Click to chat capabilities are enhanced with an option to register a custom extension for a user-preferred chat client.
- Extensibility and customization enhancements that enable clients to tailor the experience to meet the needs of the organization include:
- Color and theme modifications
- Support for adding a submenu in the navigation bar
- Support for optional integration with Gravatar for display pictures in the Important to Me bar, and Business Cards
- Calendar preview capability enables the administrator to configure Verse On-Premises to preview the ongoing enhancements to the calendar experience. This capability is off by default.
A full overview can be found here.
Yesterday I had the issue that Notes Single-SignOn was not working on a Windows 10 workstation for one client. I checked if the service was available and started.
After some investigation I read the hint on the ND9.0 Forum, did the requested actions and afterwards SSO was working fine again.
Check if the following registry entry includes either “npnotes” ( 32-bit OS ) or “npnotes64” ( 64-bit OS )
This value must contain either “npnotes” or “npnotes64” right AFTER “webclient” !!!
Customize the following file ( required registry key ) : https://www.dropbox.com/s/bwvxuxxw5l9yy7l/windows10_sso.reg?dl=0
If you have a 64bit-OS you just have to adjust the location of your npnotes64.dll, otherwise replace all “npnotes64” entries with “npnotes” and then customize the path.
Import the registry key into your registry
Restart your computer – DONE
On September 30th 2019, the support for the mentioned solutions will be withdrawn – so if you´re still on this version >> contact me for an offer about migrating your environment to the current release IBM Connections 6.x.
IBM Cloud™ Cost and Asset Management is a plug-and-play solution that is purpose-built to help you discover, track, analyze, and optimize your cloud spend across all cloud providers and operating models. With IBM Cloud Cost and Asset Management, you can:
- Aggregate and visualize your cloud asset inventory across all cloud services
- Obtain a near real-time view to control your cloud costs
- Make sure your cloud assets are optimized for your needs
- Enable compliance and governance on your cloud asset usage
IBM Cloud Private V3.1 offers IBM Cloud Cost and Asset Management for both private and public cloud environments:
- IBM Cloud Cost and Asset Management for Private Cloud. This solution imports system information and rate cards to establish insights around system utilization costs. These insights enable intelligent decisions on resource utilization and incurred costs.
- IBM Cloud Cost and Asset Management for Public Cloud. This solution gathers public provider billing data and delivers insights for system utilization total cost. These insights enable intelligent decisions when choosing the right providers, shutting down unused resources, and optimizing cost of right infrastructure stacks for applications.
The IBM Cloud Cost and Asset Management solution is designed to deploy easily on IBM Cloud Private and can be accessed from the catalog.
IBM released an interim Fix for VoP 1.0.4 including the following fixes:
- VERSE-54933 Some contacts or groups may be missing in typeahead search result in delegation setting or delegation panel
- VERSE-54888 Verse could not open mail databases with DBCS file name ( Domino hotfix 901FP10HF292 is also needed to fix this problem. )
- VERSE-54734 Notes.ini setting ‘VOP_UseNotesIDForDisplay’ does not work
- VERSE-54500 Verse will not generate mail path for data requests if the entry url of Verse has a prefix
The interim fix is available on IBM Fix Central.