Yesterday I had the issue that Notes Single-SignOn was not working on a Windows 10 workstation for one client. I checked if the service was available and started.
After some investigation I read the hint on the ND9.0 Forum, did the requested actions and afterwards SSO was working fine again.
Check if the following registry entry includes either “npnotes” ( 32-bit OS ) or “npnotes64” ( 64-bit OS )
This value must contain either “npnotes” or “npnotes64” right AFTER “webclient” !!!
Customize the following file ( required registry key ) : https://www.dropbox.com/s/bwvxuxxw5l9yy7l/windows10_sso.reg?dl=0
If you have a 64bit-OS you just have to adjust the location of your npnotes64.dll, otherwise replace all “npnotes64” entries with “npnotes” and then customize the path.
Import the registry key into your registry
Restart your computer – DONE
On September 30th 2019, the support for the mentioned solutions will be withdrawn – so if you´re still on this version >> contact me for an offer about migrating your environment to the current release IBM Connections 6.x.
IBM Cloud™ Cost and Asset Management is a plug-and-play solution that is purpose-built to help you discover, track, analyze, and optimize your cloud spend across all cloud providers and operating models. With IBM Cloud Cost and Asset Management, you can:
- Aggregate and visualize your cloud asset inventory across all cloud services
- Obtain a near real-time view to control your cloud costs
- Make sure your cloud assets are optimized for your needs
- Enable compliance and governance on your cloud asset usage
IBM Cloud Private V3.1 offers IBM Cloud Cost and Asset Management for both private and public cloud environments:
- IBM Cloud Cost and Asset Management for Private Cloud. This solution imports system information and rate cards to establish insights around system utilization costs. These insights enable intelligent decisions on resource utilization and incurred costs.
- IBM Cloud Cost and Asset Management for Public Cloud. This solution gathers public provider billing data and delivers insights for system utilization total cost. These insights enable intelligent decisions when choosing the right providers, shutting down unused resources, and optimizing cost of right infrastructure stacks for applications.
The IBM Cloud Cost and Asset Management solution is designed to deploy easily on IBM Cloud Private and can be accessed from the catalog.
IBM released an interim Fix for VoP 1.0.4 including the following fixes:
- VERSE-54933 Some contacts or groups may be missing in typeahead search result in delegation setting or delegation panel
- VERSE-54888 Verse could not open mail databases with DBCS file name ( Domino hotfix 901FP10HF292 is also needed to fix this problem. )
- VERSE-54734 Notes.ini setting ‘VOP_UseNotesIDForDisplay’ does not work
- VERSE-54500 Verse will not generate mail path for data requests if the entry url of Verse has a prefix
The interim fix is available on IBM Fix Central.
IBM® is adding a new add-on part called Box Multizone to its Box offerings. It enables the enterprise and its users to store data in and collaborate across multiple regions of choice to address data residency, privacy, and protection concerns, all from a single Box instance. It helps to reduce risk by proactively addressing compliance requirements, such as GPDR. It also enables you to:
- Maintain control where all content resides with the capability to set a policy on a granular level for each user
- Get insight and transparency through on-demand reporting of storage policies by user
At the time of configuration, the user can select up to six zones, with one zone as a default zone. Box Multizone is currently available only with Box Enterprise.
Read the full announcement here.
Today I had the issue ( after some years again ) that I could not see the rules tab inside the configuration document for a specific mail server:
I did the mentioned steps in the following IBM TN:
Create a Formula agent, designed to act on selected documents, to delete the field ActForm:
Steps to create the agent:
1. Start the Domino Designer client and open the Domino Directory database.
2. From the menu, select Create -> Agent.
3. The Agent Properties dialog will appear. Give the agent a name. The Runtime settings can be left at the defaults of “Action Menu Selection” and “All Selected Documents”.
4. Click on the X mark in the upper righthand corner to close and save the Agent Properties settings. 5. In the main pane, change the “Run” keyword selection from “Simple Action(s)” to “Formula”.
6. Enter the following code into the main window: FIELD ActForm :=@Deletefield
7. From the menu select File -> Save.
8. Exit from the Domino Designer client.
Steps to run the agent:
1. Open the Domino Directory from the Notes client.
2. Open the view Configuration -> Servers -> Configurations.
3. Select the affected configuration documents.
4. From the menu select Actions -> <agent name>.
Now when the Configuration document is opened from the Notes client, the Rules tab will display as expected.
IBM is offering a Jump Session about the basics of ICEC with the following content:
IBM Connections Engagement Center is a digital workplace that provides everything employees need within the context of their jobs to be more engaged, collaborative and productive. In this session we will go through of the common use cases to better understand these new capabilities in Connections. Then give administrators details of exactly how to setup and configure this in your environment. Looking to increase engagement across your organization, this is the session for you. Throughout the event, attendees will also be encouraged to comment or ask questions in the WebEx Meetings chat
Date: Wednesday, September 12, 2018
Time: 11:00 AM EDT (15:00 UTC/GMT, UTC-4 hours) for 60 minutes
The slides from the session will be attached to the official announcement here: https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=ibm10713447