Shankar Venkatachalam published an application on OpenNTF which automatically removes “Dead Mails” from the MAIL.BOX of configured Domino Server.
The way those mails are removed is:
1) The application server first read it’s configuration document, and take a connection to that server.
2) The application also reads the configuration document to understand, how many mail.box are available on the server. The application would work on all the mail.box , that were mentioned on the configuration document
3) It then connects to the configured servers, and open the mail.box , and read for the emails, which has the field value RoutingStatus=Dead. If a message on the mail.box has that field , then it considers that as a Dead Message, and take a copy of that message, before deleting it from the server.
4) The collected dead mails on all the servers, are available on the view “Purged Dead Mails”
5) The collected dead mails can be deleted periodically, or if administrator thinks that the dead mail is needed , he can move it back to the server.”
Thanks a lot for this helpful tool. Nevertheless the cause for the dead mail has to be found and hopefully solved.