Today IBM announced the extension of support for IBM Sametime V9.0.1 until September 2021.
IBM® Sametime® extends support for V9.0.1 to September 2021. Support for the following associated entitlements is also extended to September 2021:
IBM Sametime Complete
IBM Sametime Conference
IBM Sametime Communicate
IBM Sametime is a robust communications offering designed to accelerate your social business by driving faster decisions, with more complete information powered by the business experts in your organization. The suite of tools in Sametime helps unlock the value in your underutilized communications systems by integrating them into a more intuitive system. Sametime tools and services can be accessed from within the applications and business processes that you use every day.
Support for Sametime V9.0.1 is extended to September 2021.
IBM Sametime V9.0.1 features content curated from IBM Connections™ Chat Cloud and IBM Connections Meetings Cloud, as well as new powerful capabilities designed specifically for on-premises deployments. The following features are included in Sametime V9.0.1:
- A direct-registration softphone that gives users the capability to use the Sametime desktop client to place and receive phone calls as an extension of your existing telephony system
- Optimized support for Citrix XenApp on Microsoft™ Windows™ Server 2012 and Windows desktops
- 64-bit Microsoft Office support
- A more intuitive, easier-to-use Meetings experience
- Single Sign-On (SSO) for Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) support for authentication on IBM Connections Cloud
- Support for Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) and the US Government’s Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS)
- A native Sametime Web Player browser plug-in (no Java™ dependency) for audio and video and screen sharing in Meetings on Microsoft Windows workstations
- Enhanced annotations on the web and mobile Meetings clients (not available on the desktop meetings client)
- Security improvement for safer HTML usage in Meetings
- Desktop and browser client support on Apple Mac OS X 10.11 and Microsoft