A great event will be held in October in Berlin in the Spreespeicher. It again will be full of very great and helpful session with tremendous speakers.
Of course it will be an extremely informational and helpful session and should be attended by all working with IBM Connections Pink ( now and in future ) …
With the new IF1 of IBM Connections 6, Metrics is using Elasticsearch as data analysis engine.
For this new feature, IBM Connections Component Pack 5 has to be installed.
See the complete announcement here.
IBM is holding a Jump Session about analyzing log files from OrientMe.
Join members of the IBM Connections team as they share information on Orient Me log files and how to get the most out of your data.
After a presentation, attendees will be given an opportunity to ask our panel of experts questions. Throughout the event, attendees will also be encouraged to comment or ask questions in the WebEx Meeting chat.
Topic: Understanding Orient Me Log files
Date: Wednesday, April 11, 2018
Time: 11:00 AM EDT (15:00 UTC/GMT, UTC-4 hours) for 60 minutes
Join WebEx Meetings to view a slide presentation and participate in group web chat:
Web conference password: jump2018
Use this link to get international dial-in numbers, …
In todays announcement of Component Pack for IBM Connections 22.214.171.124 the following additions will be available:
- IBM Connections Customizer V126.96.36.199: Tool for customizing the IBM Connections user experience
- IBM Connections App Registry V188.8.131.52: Database that stores specifications from Customizer and other sources
- IBM Connections Orient Me V184.108.40.206: Latest release of the IBM Connections Orient Me home page feature
- Elasticsearch: Used to replace the Cognos® Business Intelligence supporting program that was provided with IBM Connections V6.0 for the Metrics feature.
The complete announcement can be found here: http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/ShowDoc.wss?docURL=/common/ssi/rep_ca/3/877/ENUSZP18-0053/index.html&lang=en&request_locale=en
Today I installed Connections 5.5 CR3 at customer site and followed the required steps here. I also followed the steps for creating the requested Dynacache for the Rich Text Editor:
As mentioned I created the Dynacache just for the RTE-Cluster and figured out, that this led to problems for all single cluster member.
So I removed the setting for the RTE-Cluster and added it for the complete cell:
IBM announced the new IBM Connections Engagement Center V6.0 including the following functions:
- Increases employee engagement, communications, and collaboration by transforming the IBM Connections environment into a digital workplace hub
- Provides employees with personalized, easy access to content and resources, such as corporate news, relevant content, links to important resources, files, and events, with content drawn from Connections features already being used, such as blogs and wikis, as well as third-party content or applications
- Enables internal communications professionals to integrate top-down communications with peer-to-peer collaboration, making internal communications more collaborative and engaging.
You can read the complete announcement here: