HCL asks their customers and also their partners about the needed integration of any directory in the Domino environment.
If you want to be part of this group and want to participate you´re welcome to answer some questions regarding your needs here:
The only think you need is an IBM ID.
Yesterday I received a great link from a good friend. They use IBM Domino for business critical applications and participated in this analysis of Forrester.
Take some time and read this summary about the positive aspects about Domino as application platform.
Today I had the issue ( after some years again ) that I could not see the rules tab inside the configuration document for a specific mail server:
I did the mentioned steps in the following IBM TN:
Create a Formula agent, designed to act on selected documents, to delete the field ActForm:
Steps to create the agent:
1. Start the Domino Designer client and open the Domino Directory database.
2. From the menu, select Create -> Agent.
3. The Agent Properties dialog will appear. Give the agent a name. The Runtime settings can be left at the defaults of “Action Menu Selection” and “All Selected Documents”.
4. Click on the X mark in the upper righthand corner to close and save the Agent Properties settings. 5. In the main pane, change the “Run” keyword selection from “Simple Action(s)” to “Formula”.
6. Enter the following code into the main window: FIELD ActForm :=@Deletefield
7. From the menu select File -> Save.
8. Exit from the Domino Designer client.
Steps to run the agent:
1. Open the Domino Directory from the Notes client.
2. Open the view Configuration -> Servers -> Configurations.
3. Select the affected configuration documents.
4. From the menu select Actions -> <agent name>.
Now when the Configuration document is opened from the Notes client, the Rules tab will display as expected.
At the DNUG45 a great overview of new features coming in Domino V10 and also a sneak preview of features coming in Domino V11 was given by HCL.
You can download the presentation here.
There are great enhancements about Clustering, SAML authentication and also enlargement of some limits.
Some weeks ago I had the issue to restore a mail database in a cluster environment for which DAOS was enabled. I took the following steps:
1. Disable replication on the Mail-/Home server of the user
2. Delete the replica on the cluster server
3. Restore the database on the cluster server
4. Enter the following command on the cluster server tell daosmgr listnlo -o missing.txt MISSING mail/databasename.nsf
5. lo updall mail/databasename.nsf -RX
6. Reenable the replication on the Mail-/Home server of the user
If the database cannot be opened on the Cluster Server, you can run the following commands:
> lo fixup mail/databasename.nsf -F
> lo updall mail/databasename.nsf -RX
Today I had an issue, where a customer told me the following problem:
User A has his employee ID P146 in the Short Name of the person document in the Domino NAB. But if a user users this ID in the “To” field of a new mail, he receives the error, that the user is not unique, when he presses F9 for name resolution.
A look in the “($Users)” view showed, that there are 2 entries with this employee ID. In the first person document this looked fine, but in the second person document you can´t find this ID ( P146 ) anywhere. Also took a look with scanEZ, but this did not solve anything.
Some investigations later I found the “trouble” >> ever heard from “Soundex” ???
Try the following: enter @soundex(“Lastname, Firstname”) in the subject line of a new mail:
And now after pressing SHIFT-F9:
This is the so called “Soundex”, which also is listed in the “($Users)” view in the Domino NAB. But if you have another employee with the ID “B653” you would receive the error, that the user is not unique when pressing F9.
So it´s working as designed…
Yesterday I received a summary about all the upcoming features in IBM Verse, Mobile, IBM Notes and IBM Domino. Here are the planned features:
IBM Verse on prem:
IBM Notes Feature Packs:
IBM Domino Feature Packs:
Well, and in Q3/2018 ( planned ) there will be IBM Notes/Domino V10.