IBM Cloud™ Cost and Asset Management is a plug-and-play solution that is purpose-built to help you discover, track, analyze, and optimize your cloud spend across all cloud providers and operating models. With IBM Cloud Cost and Asset Management, you can:
- Aggregate and visualize your cloud asset inventory across all cloud services
- Obtain a near real-time view to control your cloud costs
- Make sure your cloud assets are optimized for your needs
- Enable compliance and governance on your cloud asset usage
IBM Cloud Private V3.1 offers IBM Cloud Cost and Asset Management for both private and public cloud environments:
- IBM Cloud Cost and Asset Management for Private Cloud. This solution imports system information and rate cards to establish insights around system utilization costs. These insights enable intelligent decisions on resource utilization and incurred costs.
- IBM Cloud Cost and Asset Management for Public Cloud. This solution gathers public provider billing data and delivers insights for system utilization total cost. These insights enable intelligent decisions when choosing the right providers, shutting down unused resources, and optimizing cost of right infrastructure stacks for applications.
The IBM Cloud Cost and Asset Management solution is designed to deploy easily on IBM Cloud Private and can be accessed from the catalog.
IBM® is adding a new add-on part called Box Multizone to its Box offerings. It enables the enterprise and its users to store data in and collaborate across multiple regions of choice to address data residency, privacy, and protection concerns, all from a single Box instance. It helps to reduce risk by proactively addressing compliance requirements, such as GPDR. It also enables you to:
- Maintain control where all content resides with the capability to set a policy on a granular level for each user
- Get insight and transparency through on-demand reporting of storage policies by user
At the time of configuration, the user can select up to six zones, with one zone as a default zone. Box Multizone is currently available only with Box Enterprise.
Read the full announcement here.
If you´re interested in the presentations held at IBM Think 2018 in Las Vegas ( https://www.ibm.com/events/think/ ), you can download all the presentations here:
There are great announcements, especially for the ICS brand and Watson Workspace.
Today IBM announced the combination of the IBM Collaboration Solutions from the IBM Cloud with Cisco.
Collaboration solutions from IBM® and Cisco bring together the key applications that workers need to be productive and effective: video, voice, unified communications, enterprise social networks, team collaboration, email, and calendar offerings. With the integration of IBM Connections Cloud and Cisco communication capabilities, modern workers can now communicate and collaborate easily across their teams, with their partners, and with their customers. This powerful combination makes information and trained specialists easier to find and creates more personal and effective collaboration.
Collaboration solutions from IBM and Cisco include integrations between:
- IBM Verse™ email and calendar
- IBM Connections™ enterprise social network
- Cisco Spark Business Messaging and Basic Meetings
- Cisco Spark Business Messaging, Basic Meetings, and Cloud Advanced Meetings
- Cisco WebEx Conferencing Audio Toll
- Cisco WebEx Conferencing Audio Toll Plus
- Cisco WebEx Conferencing Audio Toll Plus International