Today IBM announced the availability of VoP 1.0.5 ( part number CNWQ5ML ) with the following new features:
- When a user files an email, Verse On-Premises can suggest folders to use based upon the user’s previous selections and content contained in the email.
- When composing an email, a user has the option to mark the email as confidential in the subject line.
- The email compose window has a minimize and restore button that enables users to view other emails while composing a new message. This enhancement eliminates the need for users to save an email being composed as a draft while checking other email.
- The option to empty the trash is readily available at the top of the folder or inbox.
- The calendar can display a second time zone in the right margin, providing quick access to meeting times for two different zones.
- The calendar view can be printed.
- Click to chat capabilities are enhanced with an option to register a custom extension for a user-preferred chat client.
- Extensibility and customization enhancements that enable clients to tailor the experience to meet the needs of the organization include:
- Color and theme modifications
- Support for adding a submenu in the navigation bar
- Support for optional integration with Gravatar for display pictures in the Important to Me bar, and Business Cards
- Calendar preview capability enables the administrator to configure Verse On-Premises to preview the ongoing enhancements to the calendar experience. This capability is off by default.
A full overview can be found here.
Today IBM/HCL announced some new features coming in IBM VoP 1.0.4, which will be available on August 14th, 2018:
- Easy access to your files repository directly from a mail message when storing or choosing attachments
- Capability to accept an invite directly from the calendar pop-up window
- Extended offline mail limits, with capability to synchronize up to 30 days of mail
- Navigation bar and attachment management customization options
You´ll need the following software requirements:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux® and Windows™ Server 64-bit systems are supported.
- IBM® Domino® V9.01, Feature Pack 9, or later
- IBM Connections™ V5.5, or later
You can read the full announcement here: VoP104 announcement
Yesterday I received a summary about all the upcoming features in IBM Verse, Mobile, IBM Notes and IBM Domino. Here are the planned features:
IBM Verse on prem:
IBM Notes Feature Packs:
IBM Domino Feature Packs:
Well, and in Q3/2018 ( planned ) there will be IBM Notes/Domino V10.
Today I attended a great web session regarding the news in ICS in 2017 and the following information was given:
On December 20th 2017 ( planned ) a new version of VOP ( 1.0.3 ) will be published including the
following new features:
- Mail and Calendar delegation
- Show # of unread mails in folders
- 24h time format support
- Sametime integration support ( via Technote post 1.0.3 GA )
Awaiting the new version…
As promised from IBM some weeks ago, IBM Verse on prem is available in the Partnerworld Software Catalog ( https://www.ibm.com/partnerworld/partnertools/eorderweb/ordersw.do ).
Then you can either search for “IBM Verse” or you search for part number CJ13YML.
Enjoy the download !!
IBM is inviting to an Open Mic Webcast regarding to the new IBM Verse Offline feature.
Verse Offline is a new feature within IBM Verse that syncs the last seven days of email in all folders, seven days of preceding calendar events, and 30 days of future events. This session will detail this new feature and how to make the most of it.
Topic: IBM Verse Offline
Date: Wednesday, April 20, 2016
Time: 11:00 AM EDT (15:00 UTC/GMT, UTC-4 hours) for 60 minutes
Further informations ( like the presentation, an ICS file and dial-in numbers ) can be found here.
In the end of Q1/2015 IBM will release the “freemium” version of IBM Verse.
IBM has announced its new ‘freemium’ social collaboration Verse that uses built-in analytics to retrieve information from a range of services.
Verse integrates email, meetings, calendars, file sharing, instant messaging and social updates through a single collaboration environment.
It features ‘faceted search’ which enables users to retrieve information they’re seeking across all the types of content within their email.
Verse’s built-in analytics provide an ‘at-a-glance’ view that surfaces an individual’s most critical actions for the day.
By learning unique employee preferences and priorities over time, it provides instant context about a given project as well as the people and teams collaborating on it.
“The convergence of analytics, cloud, social and mobile technologies is not just impacting our personal lives, it’s profoundly changing how we work,” said Bob Picciano, Senior Vice President, IBM Information and Analytics Group. “These forces are reshaping how people make decisions, create and share new ideas and collaborate across teams to get work done. With IBM Verse, we challenged our design teams to use analytics to completely reimagine the social collaboration experience to focus on engaging people and driving outcomes, not managing messages and inboxes.”
Clients using IBM Verse will also have the future option to embed a Watson feature into their collaboration environment, which enables users to query Watson on a given topic and receive a direct reply with answers ranked by degree of confidence.
A beta release of the new offering will be available to select clients and partners in November 2014. A freemium version delivered via the IBM Cloud Marketplace will be available in the first quarter of 2015.
Verse will also be offered as an app for both iOS and Android to ensure mobile users have the same experiences on the go as they do on their PCs.